China offers endless opportunities for all types of businessmen immersed in the world of imports who are struggling to shorten their supply chain, looking to to buy directly from the manufacturer, returning home with better quotas and other advantages that the competition just can’t afford.
As an entrepreneur, you have probably heard about China’s Exhibitions, great business centers where thousands of suppliers gather each year, with the sole purpose of showing the latest developments in the market, covering more than 50 categories.
However, when there’s more than 1000 exhibitions throughout the year, how can you determine which ones are the best for your business?
- Know the latest developments in your field and a chance to have a face-to-face meeting with your suppliers and / or manufacturers.
- Inspire yourself with new ideas or concepts that you may try replicating later in your country.
- Be able to establish a closer relationship with your agent and define any details regarding the export process of your purchases to your country.
- Obtain products at the lowest cost and being able to negotiate even better prices directly with the supplier.
- Get to know different suppliers for a single item and be able to verify the current market situation, which puts you in a better position for the negotiation process.
Tips to get the most out of your visit
- Evaluate which exhibition is best for your business: Consult through a logistics’ expert or research on your own, which is the best event for you, this will help you to plan your trip.
- Plan your trip in advance: You will need to get a visa that fits your needs,
5 reasons why you should attend to China’s exhibitions
keep in mind that the standard visa only allows one visit to China.
- Book flights, hotel and other services: During the exhibitions, this kind of services collapses, the best plan is having everything booked by the time you arrive, a logistics operator may help you to manage all this matters.
- Travel insurance: You should be prepared for any problem that could occur during your trip. At these events you will walk a lot, there are a lot of people, the local food may be quite different from yours, if something happens, it must be paid in advance and it will be really expensive for sure.
- Put the places of interest on a map: These exhibitions are usually very big, in order to take advantage of your visit and make the most of it, you must put all the companies of interest on a map, trace a route and make sure you do not waste time visiting the wrong people.
- Bring lots of business cards: During your visit, it is necessary to bring enough business cards that allows you to make contact with the suppliers and leave your contact information, you should also get a bag to store the piles of brochures, cards and presentation letters that you will gather at each stand you visit.
- Write down the most important addresses in Chinese: Most taxi drivers do not speak English, make sure that the most relevant information is translated to Chinese. You can use the interpreter service provided by your logistics agent in China.
Top 5 most important exhibition in China
The Canton Exhibition
It is the most important exhibition in China, it takes place in 3 different phases, of 4 days each and you are able to visit it twice a year, in April and October, bringing together more than 22,000 exhibitors in an area of 1,180,000 m2 where you can find:
From April 15 to 19, 2018
From October 15 to 19 2018
From April 23 to 27, 2018
From 23 to 27 October 2018 (Autumn)
From May 1 to May 5, 2018
From October 31 to November 04, 2018(Autumn)
|· Electronics and household appliances
· Equipment and lighting
· Tools and Machines
· Domestic electrical (“white goods”)
· Construction materials
· Chemical products
· Energetic resources
· Vehicles and Auto-parts
|· Home furniture
· Cleaning Products
|· Medical equipment
· Office supply
By clicking here you can download the buyer’s guide, in English.
The Yiwu Exhibition
The Yiwu Market has become one of the most popular markets among entrepreneurs around the world. There is a large variety of items, with different types of quality, and a chance to negotiate prices depending on the size of your business. The Yiwu Exhibition is an international mega market whose offer remains available almost all year round, except for the Chinese New Year, giving you the opportunity to make business whenever you can. In addition to the market, specific events are held throughout the year such as the Cultural Products Fair, or the textile machinery exhibition, Yiwutex. In Yiwu you can find an offer of products to satisfy more than 80% of the world needs, including:
- Vehicles parts
- Electronic and electrical artifacts
- Home decor
- Tools and Machines
- Pet products
- Christmas merchandise
- Fashion accessories
Expo Build China: The largest construction fair in the world
It is the largest event held to promote the latest trends in the area of construction and architecture. You can find all kinds of elements and materials necessary for project management of any level of scope, systems to optimize the process of construction, conditioning and maintenance. It has two sessions, one is organized in spring and one will be held in autumn, within the Canton Fair event.
Beijing Motor-Show Auto China 2018
It is one of the main car shows and auto parts of China, celebrated every two years, alternating with the Auto Shanghai Exhibition. It will take place from April 27 to May 4, 2018, with nearly 2,000 exhibitors and more than 500,000 attendees, presenting the latest inventions of the auto motor world giving a large range of opportunities for your business.
Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition
This fair will take place in Canton, from June 9 to 12, 2018, the main goal of this fair is to show the latest inventions in lighting technology, you will be able to find experts in this field, looking to promote new ways to illuminate the spaces according to the activity they’re made for, offering different ways to save energy and help the environment.
We hope this information helps you understanding all the different options you have to maximize the benefits of your visit in China, from Sinergia Trading, we wish you an amazing and productive trip and also offer you our logistics and assessor services during your stay in China and the subsequent export of your purchases to your country.